Options Available for PGAMA Members
On January 31, 2014 Clean Currents Green Energy Solutions, headquartered in Silver Spring, MD, announced that they have exited the retail electricity market place. All customers will be transferred back to utility default service effective immediately. With the recent jump in wholesale electric prices due to the extreme weather this winter, Clean Currents was unable to meet contract-pricing obligations in place with existing customers.
The extreme weather has forced utility default rates higher but there are still savings opportunities available with energy suppliers structured to sustain sudden uptakes in the energy markets.
PGAMA partner Metromedia Energy Inc is available to help members identify solutions through their Power Shop pricing program. Please contact Tom Gussen by phone at (732) 440-0031 or by email at email@example.com to discuss your energy supplier options today.
Printing Industries of America is pleased to announce the election of its 2014 Officers and Board of Directors. Through their instrumental involvement in Printing Industries of America and their local organizations, these individuals have displayed a passion for driving the industry forward. The installation ceremony took place on November 17, 2013, at the Printing Industries’ Fall Administrative Meetings held in Chicago, Illinois.
Chairman of the Board—Jeff Ekstein, Willow Printing Group, Concord, Ontario
Jeff Ekstein has been an Officer on the Printing Industries of America’s Board and a member of the Executive Committee since 2011. He currently serves as a Premier Print Awards judge, has served as the Education Committee Chairman from 2009–2011, and is a current Finance Committee member. Ekstein is committed to giving back to the industry and helping set the direction for its future. In addition to his involvement in Printing Industries of America, he has served as Co-Chair of the Canadian Printing Industries Sector Council (CPISC), CPIA Government Affairs Committee Chair, and long-time Director of Canadian Printing Industries Association (CPIA) as well as their Past Chair. He is a recipient of the CPIA Distinguished Service Award for excellence, achievement, and dedication to the printing industry and was named as one of the Top 20 Most Influential Printers in 2010, as voted in PrintAction Magazine. Ekstein’s local affiliate is the Ontario Printing and Imaging Association.
Did you know PGAMA has "members-only" groups on LinkedIn? That's right, in addition to all of the great content you can find here on your association's website, you can also launch and participate in discussions on a range of interesting and informative discussions with your colleagues and peers from across the region on LinkedIn. There are groups for PGAMA, Printing Industries of America, Print Grows Trees and the PGAMA Sales and MArketing Network. Whatever your interest, there's a conversation going on. Log in to your LinkedIn account and use the search box to find "PGAMA". Once you find our group, simply click the yellow "JOIN" button on the right hand side to join the group. We review all join requests regularly and will confirm your access promptly. This is a "members-only" benefit so be sure your PGAMA membership is in good standing. We look forward to LinkingUp with you on LinkedIn.
- Kodak Begins Trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- RR Donnelley to Acquire Consolidated Graphics
- Get Ready for Obamacare
- Social Media Training
- Print Grows Trees Now Available in Softcover
- PGAMA Brings Print Grows Trees To PRINT 13
- Students Put "Print Grows Trees" into Action
- Anne Arundel County Student Wins MD SkillsUSA Graphic Communications Competition
- Past PGAMA Board Chairman Steve Bearden Testifies before the U.S. House Committee on Small Business
- 2013 Excellence In Print Grand-Q goes to Westland Printers
- Winchester Printers: A Winning Combination of Past & Present
- Spectrum Printing & Graphics Aims High with New Heidelberg Speedmaster 74
- Printing Industries of America Supports Congressional Efforts to Preserve Paper-Based Access to Government Information and Services
- Wage and Hour Enforcement Up, Complaints Down, according to Printing Industries of America’s Human Relations Department
- Printing Industries of America Statement on USPS Announcement to End Saturday Delivery
- PGAMA and AF&PA Co-Host Maryland Advocacy Day
- Combustible Dust Hazards: Is Your Facility Compliant with OSHA Standards?
- 2013 Continuous Improvement Conference Agenda Set
- 2012─2013 Ratios Show Printing Industry Profits Increasing
- Virginia Members Share Great Ideas & Lively Conversation